Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Ekach Pyala- Marathi Drama -Act2.2

 

My translation attempt of Marathi Drama एकच प्याला (Only one glass)  written Ram Ganesh Gadkari)

Please suggest better option for words and phrases.

Act II

Episode II

(Venue: Road. Characters: Bhagirath and Ramlal)

Bhagirath: (Swagat) It is true that there is no happiness from alcohol; But alcohol shows at least  a dream of happiness to a sad soul, especially! In this sinful world, sometimes the essence of sorrow has to be drunk in some way, that is the truth! The life! God! Don't write the bitter experience of the world on the forehead of any young person like me anymore and if you have to keep it, don't give even a long life to burn that unfortunate soul inside!

(राग- खमाज; ताल- त्रिवट. चाल- सनक मुख विनुत.)

प्रणय जरी भंगला।
तरी नर जगता मुकला॥ ध्रु.॥

घोर निरयसम।
त्यासी विकट जग।
दीर्घ जीवित शापचि खर तयाला॥ 1

(Raga- Khamaj; Taal- Trivat. Chaal- Sanak Mukh Vinut.)

If the love gets broken.
Then man doesn’t wish to life

It becomes a deep darkess filled
Troubling world for him

Long life then becomes a curse for him

(Ramlal comes.)

Ramlal: (In mind) If I start talking to him suddenly and if what Geeta says is not true - No but - her statement is definitely not false by on  thousand counts! However, when it comes to talking about the rest, there  is no suitable person like this, out of all the five-seven people mentioned by Geeta! Besides, I know him  a little bit! (Openly)) Hello Bhagirath!

Bhagirath: Oh! Who Doctor? Come on! Doctor, I know you are back, but I don't know the reason for your return!

Ramlal: As you may know, I first thought of spending a few days in England and then going to Germany for the final exams. Later, when this storm of war broke out, I  cancelled the plan to go to Germany! I spent four to six months in England and came back.

Bhagirath: See what are the  problems  now a days!

Ramlal: All right, let it be for now! Bhagirath, I have come to you for some work. I wish to talk frankly without introducing with general talk about weather and  living?

Bhagirath: Speak without any binding!

Ramlal: Look, If I ask then you will start hiding! No Right Well then, Please enrol me  in your group this evening! Hmmm, don't be surprised! I know everything! I even don't mind going alone! But it is better to get introduced through insider! I have a couple of friends in the group; But no body may  confess because of hesitation! So when all of them get on the plane( drink heavily) it is better to  meet them!

Bhagirath: Doctor, do you belong to this sect? I don't think so!

Ramlal: Not before; But I have learned this habit by going abroad! In the cold region that side, you can't manage without this. After coming here, it has become difficult to take it freely; Then I found this way. Will you  do this work for me!

Bhagirath: I don't mind; But how much you would like the  overall program there-

Ramlal: Why should I  not like? Hey, at least trouble of  doing it as a thief will be removed, I say!

Bhagirath: Okay, let's go now!

Ramlal: Not from the very beginning! Let them become drunk then they will not hesitate and we also shall be comfortable!

Bhagirath: Let's do like that! But Doctor, I had no idea! It's a little weird!

Ramlal: Wow, is it more about me or you? That being said, you are very young, moreover a graduate - but you -

Bhagirath: I have been misled by misfortune and have come to this  side! My love has been broken since the beginning of my life. The girl I loved, got married to someone else and I became such a fakir by abandoning normal life! But let it go. We will have a lot of time to tell that story. Let us go by our way now!

Ramlal: Come on. (Both go.)

(The curtain falls.)

No comments:

Post a Comment