Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Ekach Pyala- Marathi Drama -Act3.2

 

My translation attempt of Marathi Drama एकच प्याला (Only one glass)  written Ram Ganesh Gadkari)

Please suggest better option for words and phrases.

Act III

Episode II

(Venue: Taliram's house. Characters: Taliram and Gita)

Taliram: Bring whatever you have in the house! I have to pay the subscription of association today. Bring whatever it is.

Gita: What is there in house ( Nothing has left in the house)? The house has been swept clean like a clean mirror (by you)! Everywhere you look in the house, you can see the precarious condition due to you.

Taliram: You are lying! Is there no Jewelry even in the house!

Gita: Ah! No, no, no! Should I  break my forehead in front of you!

Taliram: Look, don't lie. You have nothing

Gita: There is only  kumkum left on my forehead. By wiping (Kunku) Take this once- put it on the forehead of that sucker, and take the last drink in the name of wife and married life! Then you will be free and I will be free.

Taliram: Look what a type of wife this! Geete, this is crossing the limits!

Gita: Ha ha ha! What a triumph of good deeds you have done to   set  limits for me! You have  ruined our life, you have also ruined others life! The stove in the house is cold. Should I put my bones there or yours?

Taliram: What an awkward bad woman ! Should I kill you by chocking your throat? Do you treat me like this because I drink alcohol? Wait, I will make you get drunk by falling on the ground and forcibly putting alcohol in your mouth! Come on, drink alcohol, or walk out of the house! Otherwise I shall sell you in the market for any needy customer by auction.

Gita: Yes! You might be thinking its easy as talk! Your forefathers have to  come down from heaven! You are rolling in the dirt, is it not enough?

Taliram: Are you going or drinking ( as per my order)? You have  stopped  me from going to Dadasaheb's house by telling some things about me? Come on, take this drink, or should I kill you? (He grabs her. The two fight. She pushes him away.)

Gita:  My God ! I  do not want to  stay in this house now! (Goes.)

Taliram: I don’t care even if you go.  I will be free by taking a bath in your name! If you  come back to the house – I shall kill by chopping vertically. Otherwise I shall not take my name as  Taliram.

 (Goes. The curtain falls.)

No comments:

Post a Comment