Saturday, February 12, 2022

Ekach Pyala- Marathi Drama -Act5.3

 My translation attempt of Marathi Drama एकच प्याला (Only one glass)  written Ram Ganesh Gadkari)

Please suggest better option for words and phrases.

Act V

Entrance III

(Venue - Ramlal's Ashram. Ramlal enters.)

Ramlal: (In mind) Now I can see the dirty picture of my mind clearly! Is there any limit to my downfall? Looking at Sharad from the father's point of view, due to the greatness of the human relationship, the inherent youthfulness of the flesh did not disappear from the eyes at all. The sympathy I felt for Sharad, as an apperant kindness, was the transcendental sexuality of a weak-minded Hindu mail! While teaching the poor Geeta, I have been deceiving my mind that you are getting this satisfaction only because you have shown the way of welfare to the orphan; But it was not so generous! Seeing Geeta learning, Sharad was satisfied, so I was excited at that time! That too was a way of love!

(राग- भैरव; ताल- त्रिवट. चाल- प्रभू दाता रे.)

मन पापी हे।
करिते निजवंचन अनुघटिदिन॥ ध्रु.॥

उपशमपर मतिमेषज सेवुनि सुप्तियत्न करि, परि ते।
विफल अंति सुविवेकभिन्न॥ 1

(Raga- Bhairav; Tal- Trivat. Chaal- Prabhu Data Re.)

The mind is sinful.
It is deceiving itself all the time

I was getting satisfaction by trying to hide love
But at end all failed exposing deceipt

Out of gratitude for the favors, poor Bhagirath soon started talking to me with open heart. That's when I started to get bored of it. On most occasions, I used to think that I must be disgusted with Bhagiratha by sharing that extravagant intimacy of man; But that was not the real reason for boredom! The reason for that boredom was the mysterious jealousy that arose in my mind unknowingly only because Sharad told me from time to time that Bhagirath behaves with her with open heart! As soon as the young souls began to look at each other, jealousy flared up in my adult mind! So - damn it, damn it! It is our misfortune today that I am ready to shed water on my old age, on the responsibility of the relationship and also on the conscience of thought, by hurting Bhagiratha, who is considered as a son, and putting burning coal on the sensitive heart of  Sharad whom I considered as my daughterby by the petty greed of self happiness.

Since we are not in the habit of controlling the power gained by the mighty brave action to the generosity of freedom, we are using the small power gained by chance to rule arrogantly the  weak souls. Today, we are not interested in discovering the God-created beauty in the material world, as our minds have become paralyzed by the constant burden of dead traditions of thousands of years. There is no sacred desire to get such beauty. Purushartha( Male bravery) does not have the power to fulfill that desire. And there is no generous conscientiousness towards duty to gives up even the closest happiness when he gets the real reason!

Thoughts of meaningless words uttered by the ancestors are immediately stopped even in the hope of petty happiness. Even though knowledge keeps the mind in a high atmosphere, our minds, like the vultures that fly in the sky, get to the ground immediately even with the slightest pray.

Ancient stalwart in the form of Bharatvarsha with five thousand years of longevity! After creating a majestic head like Himachal, shouldn't destiny be able to write a lasting article of your happiness even with holy forehead lines like Ganga Sindhu? Say, unfortunate Bharatvarsha! Fearing that a poor generation like Ramlal would be born in the future, the Lord raised you to atone for the sins of the South Ocean when you went down to the waist to give life? Lord, will my sins ever be forgiven for me? With which mouth should I apologize to Bhagirath and Sharad? No, the intense impulse of the mind will no longer stop with anything but death. (Bhagirath and Sharad come.) Ill fated Ramlal, be ready with a heart of stone to enjoy the fruits of deeds, and ask forgiveness from these hurt souls.

Bhagirath: Brother, if I take a big chunk of food in my small mouth( wish to talk frankly0, will you forgive your dear Bhagirath? I have come at your feet to make a request.

Ramlal: Bhagirath, why do you use such a formal attitude while talking to me today?

Bhagirath: Bhaisaheb, I have come to your shelter to learn how to do public service; In the past, it was customary to give Gurudakshina when leaving the house of teacher after acquiring all the education; But nowadays you have to pay a fee every month in advance! Bhaisaheb, following this new method, I have come to offer you Gurudakshina. Accept it and bless your baby!

Ramlal: What kind of Dakshina will you give?

Bhagirath: Of the souls of Sharad who have surrendered to me! Brother, I am ready to sacrifice everything at your feet as you say!

Ramlal: Sharad, is it true what Bhagiratha said? (Sharad looks down.)

Bhagirath: What will she say on this occasion due to shyness?

Ramlal: (In mind) Yes, indeed! Not only this, but what will the poor Hindu child widow say on any occasion? As soon as we heard the principle of Christianity that cow has no soul, we laughed with ridiculous Aryanism, but the animalistic attitude of cruel animals like me did not keep these poor cows not only soul but also tongue!

Bhagirath: Sharad, my statement to Bhaisaheb is not true; For my word you-

Ramlal: Wait, Bhagirath, do you understand that it is a sign of your love that you are ready to give up Sharad so easily? I think you did not have heartfelt love for Sharad at all!

Bhagirath:  Do you think like that! What does the the god  think? Bhaisaheb, please forgive me, but any talk about Sharad from me will hamper our new relation. As she has reached to your level, I have no right to talk openly about her!

Ramlal: (In mind) Well done, Bhagirath, well done! This Ramlal is as low as you are great! Due to the lightness of my mind, your  love of poor Sharad left me in a daze. (Openly) Is it right for you to abandon her after committing to her with such holy love?

Bhagirath: Not one time, but a thousand times it is appropriate! I want to give up this temptation for the work for which you gave me life! If I find myself in the lure of Sharad, I will not be following your advice and I will not find the good path to future life! Bhagirath is breaking the bonds of worldly pleasures and love for serving vast society, for the sake of my country, for your preaching! The advice of a great man like you-

Ramlal: Bhagirath, preaching is such an easy task that it is ridiculous to call me great! The one who abandons temptation after advice is always great that who gives advice.  Big-minded children, this small-minded Ramlal does not deserve to see with open eyes the faces of the two of you who are illuminated by the radiant principle of renunciation! Forgive me for the momentary sinful temptation!  Sharad, please forgive me once for my sinful  act of temptation, low grade mind and this last touch of sin! Bhagirath, you told present practice as  the disciple should give Gurudakshina to the Guru first. In the same way best intelligent disciple should be glorified by giving prize. You have learned the first lesson of my teaching so cleverly that it is my duty to glorify you! Generous baby, be happy with your beautiful picture!

(राग- देसकार; ताल- त्रिवट. चाल- अरे मन राम.)

स्वीकारी रम्य अमल चित्रा या।
योग्य तुला प्रतिफल घ्याया॥ ध्रु.॥

छात्रा पटु गुणी।
अभ्यसनी।
हे वितरित गुरुमाया॥ 1

(Gives Sharad's hand to Bhagirathi's hand.)

(Raga- Deskar; Tal- Trivat. Chaal- Are Man Ram.)

Accept this beautiful pure picture
You deserve the reward

The student is good and studius
Teacher is pleased to give it.

Bhagirath, while observing a strict vow of public service, sometimes the leader has to be subject to public discourse.  At such time to heal broken heart due to criticism, you will need help of Sharad’s  loving tears in future.  This empty heart of Ramlal-

 (Gita comes crying; holding her belly) Come baby, come! This empty heart of Ramlal is dedicated to orphans like you! The misfortune that befell you due to the untimely death of Talirama will be of no use to you except money. This Ramlal's old age will be more meaningful in taking a few years from your life and treating like you as daughter  than trying become  young by cancelling few years out of my old age and adding that burden to you. I am giving you all the wealth I got from my cousin! It will be of use to you! Our society has not yet seen such a massive improvement as to feel sympathy for an ugly widow like you!

It is possible to find an exceptional gem like Bhagiratha! Most of the rest of the society is like Ramlal! From my example, I am beginning to feel that we have a lot of self-denial in our reform! The pity of orphaned child widows also requires us to have a good face. Our improvement is still in the eye of the beholder! Our knowledge is still dancing on the tongue. If the tip of the tongue is cut off, even God does not want to know who among us is considered to be Sanskrit and well educated! I felt sorry for not being able to fall in love with Sharad for so long; But if deserving of love is the religion of man, then mercy is the virtue of the gods! (Padmakar comes.)

Padmakar: Brother, Sudhakar has killed his son and injured sister I have set out to hand him over to the Police. Come with me.

Ramlal: What are you talking about?

Padmakar: I tell you everything on the way; But let's go early first; You should not try to save Sudhakar this time. If my sister  escapes  the temptation of that male animal, She can live at least! Come on, come on!

Ramlal: Oh, but such nonsense-

Padmakar: I swear by the plight of my mother that I will not stop now unless I hand over Sudhakar to Police! Call it recklessness, call it revenge, call it what you think! Come on!

Ramlal: Bring Bhagirath, Sharad and Gita. Let's go to Sudhakar. (All go.)

No comments:

Post a Comment