Friday, September 28, 2018

Walchand Heritage - Inspiration for Innovation Movement

The last two years have been very important for me as I have remained engaged in revisiting old memories in my life.   After tracing the history of my life span since marriage  in a series of blogs titled Homage to my Life Partner, it occurred to me that Walchand College has been my premise for most of the time during this period and my biography will not be complete unless I recollect all those memories of learning, working with colleagues and interacting with students and past students.

I felt that similar aspirations may be there in the minds of retired teachers of the college and I expressed my desire in Silver Jubilee function of Retired Teachers Association and was greatly encouraged by senior teachers. and decided to compile the data on teaching and non-teaching staff of the college and their role in college development.

Many staff members sent me their biodata and I am thankful to them Notable among them are Prof. H. U. Kulkarni, Dr. S. S. Karandikar, Prof. L. G. Gole, Prof. Bhalba Kelkar, Dr. Anil Yardi, Dr. Aranke, Prof. R. R. Marathe, Dr. N. K. Sane, Dr. A. B. Kulkarni, Dr. Mohan Khire, Prof Bhide, Late Prof. Bahulekar, Late Dr. Madnaik.

I am sorry that I could not meet personally and request all others for the biodata. As I am not in Sangli, I request the retired teachers to take a lead and help me in compiling data of all teachers. I wish to publish it on www.walchandalumni.com ( A website of Association of Past Students, WCE, Sangli.)

I am happy to inform you that I could get lot of valuable data from the college magazines given by Prof. Bhalvankar.

Walchand Magazines

72-73, 75-76,76-77,77-78,78-79,83-84,85-86,88-89,89-90,90-91,91-92,,92-93,94-95, 95-96,96-97,97-98,2000-2001,03-04,2k6, If you have any magazines not in the list, please send the scanned pages of dept news. You may send the info at drsvranade@gmail.com.

I have to extract the data and publish it first as scanned pages. Then I shall sort it and develop the chronological history of teachers and their role in development of various departments. No doubt, it is an exhaustive task, but somebody has to do it and I am doing my role.

I have published following documents

Marathi Lekh

पोलादी चॊकट - प्रा. सतीश माधव
वालचंद कॉलेज - रम्य स्मृती - प्रा मु. रा. जोशी
राजगड ते रायगड - प्रा. स. मा. कुलकर्णी
आमचे क्रिकेट - अंजली टिकेकर
संपली कहाणी - प्रा. दिवाण
दुष्काळ - प्रा अशोक खांडेकर
श्री. बाबूरावजी पारखे - प्रा. भा. दा. केळकर
अश्वत्थामा - प्रा. वि.म. दिवाण
युगद्रष्टे श्री अरविंद - प्रा. स. मा. कुलकर्णी
विजयाची गॊरवगाथा - प्रा. सु, वि, रानडे

Research Papers

Late Prof. V. R. Marathe
Prof. K. T. Krishnaswamy
Prof V. M. Kulkarni - Analogue Clock
Prof. H. Y. Kolavale
Prof. N. D. Bapat
Prof. T. V. Sreenivsan
Prof. U. Gudaru
Prof. S. M. Kulkarni
Late Prof. S. G. Ranade
Prof M. R. Shiyekar
Late Prof. S. D. Patil
Prof. K. T. Krishnaswany
Prof. J. T. Ghunakikar
Prof. A. V. Deshingkar
Late Prof. P. B. Doiphode
Late Prof. D. P. Sakhadeo
Late Prof. R. T. Ranade
बहुरंगी करमणूक - पुस्तक परिचय
VMKulkarni - Sampark lipi
RRMarathe - Nickel-Iron-Alkaline_Battery
VMKulkarni _Angular Measurement
VMKulkarni - Common Script
RRMarathe-VEC Project

I could get some rare photos of Founders and Directors of  College and MTES and teaching staff in 1963-64 


WCE Staff 1967-68
In Chairs ( L to R) (Shri) C. V. Kunte, T. K. Talathi, R. T. Ranade, B. D. Kelkar, M. Y. Joshi, S. D. Phatak, B. Subbarao, P. A. Kulkarni, Mrs. Kanitkar, Mrs. Dandekar, N. Dandekar ( Chief Guest), Seth Lalchand Hirachand, Prin. G. C. Kanitkar, Vice Prin. R. S. Tilwalli, Dr. K. T. Krishnaswamy, V.V, Ketkar, S. S. Malu, S. S. Santpur, A. V. Risbud, P. B. Doifode, M. D. Bhate 

Standing 1st Row (L to R.) (Shri) H. U. Kulkarni, A. B. Kulkarni, S. G. Joshi, K. D. Nargunde, M. K. Shirhatti, R. R. Marathe, V. R. Marathe, M. B. sajanikar, S. V. Gharpure, M. R. Deodhar, S. D. Phadnis, M. R. Deodhar, M. P. Deval, N. D. Bapat, D. P. Sakhadeo, K. R. Patwardhan,N. K. Chitale, D. G. Pujari

Standing 2nd Row (L to R.) Miss H. V. Ketkar, Y. G. Kale, R. R. Tilwalli, V. V. Lokare, G. S. Shiralkar, M. R. Shiyekar, S. B. Phatak, S. G. Bam, P. S. Waikar, M. C. Dabir, V. B. Navangul, S. S. Karandikar, G. S. Tasgaonkar, Y. R. Atre, L. G. Gole, A. R. Kulkarni, M. R. Belsare 

Standing 3rd Row (L to R.)P. S. Bapat, A. D. Khire, S. V. Ranade, V. M. Diwan, V. R. Mainkar, A. M. Karmarkar, A. V. Deshingkar, A. P. Pednekar, M. V. Joglekar, C. G. joshi, S. M. Ainapure, C. E. Bedekar, G. M. Gavali, A. G. Potdar

Absent Members : ( Shri) M. A. Brahmanalkar, Dr. L. N. Sathe, V. G. Kulkarni, M. G. Bhat, A. A. Khandekar, R. B. Kulkarni, V. M. Kulkarni, N. S. Joshi, V. V. Barve, S. Rammurthy, M. D. Patwardhan, R. N. Aranake, K. A. Auti, K. V. Virkar, V. S. Panse, R. G. Miskin, J. V. Todkar, S. V. Mate, P. V. Kulkarni, H. P. Inamdar, R. K. Ainapure, R. G. Desai, V. K. Railkar, S. G. Ranade, S. D. Patil, Mrs. R. S. Patil, A. J. Ghorpade, N. K. Sane

Silver Jubilee Magazine gives brief history of New Engineering College and progress after college is renamed as Walchand College.

There is a lot of work necessary for compiling history of college development and I shall continue to compile and publish the material I can get through help of retired teachers.

The greatness of Walchand College of Engineering is built by tireless and dedicated work of teachers and non-teaching staff and if we decide we can create complete historical document for the new generations of students to take inspiration and feel pride in Walchand Heritage.

---------









1 comment:


  1. Very informative, thanks for posting such informative content. Expecting more from you.
    Mumbai Matrimonial Services

    ReplyDelete