Sunday, November 30, 2014

Dream Mechanism and Analysis

Dream Mechanism

My blog on Chemistry of Dream explained my ideas about the memory management and dream synthesis based on chemical reactions in brain. After writing the blog, I became cautious about my dreams and tried to recall them and analyze to find clues to the past experience.  I found that very small portion of dream and that also in small flashes of memory could be recalled even though  dream experience was continuous.

Why such a loss of major sequences of memory bits after awakening. I feel that the dream event sequences have very weak linking bonds. It is interesting to note that rise in temperature increases activity of chemical reactions. During the process of awakening blood circulation and temperature of that memory region might be increasing leading to disruption of many bonds. The consciousness when enabled might be consolidating intact sequences  into permanent memory  by strengthening those bonds.

The bonds between various long chain organic compounds  are due to linking of positive and negatively charged groups of two different molecules. Hydrogen bond is weakest bond which is mainly responsible for structural specificity in enzymes and similar compounds.  Electro kinetic forces and pH also govern the combination or splitting of covalent bonds.Electro kinetic potential also called as sreaming potential also enables the compounds to move and change orientation in electromagnetic field and 
 
Dream Analysis

Today  early morning, when I got up, I remembered a dream episode wherein I had discussion with office clerk in post who after knowing about my civil engineering profession asked about use of bulldozer. I asked why he wants to know. He told that his son lives in a old slum colony in  Pune and he wanted to advise the owner to scrap it and build new building.

Immediately images of a bulldozer demolishing the house appeared before my eyes. I wondered how come a bulldozer word  came in conversation before its image got displayed. Was the word cause of fetching image of bulldozer from previous memory storage.  In fact, just a day before the dream, I had seen bulldozer scraping road surface hence, it might be still in easily accessible memory region. There were many TV appearances of slums and news stories with pictures of slum houses and insanitary conditions which might be in stored in my permanent memory. When I visualized the scene of huge bulldozer dismantling a old building, a question arose in my consciousness about how it could  reach the spot as all that area is surrounded by small houses and have very narrow roads. This startled my thought and I woke up.

If we analyze the sequence of dream, we come across many vital points. First images are indentified by verbal names like bulldozer, house, slum. There is more probability of inclusion of recent perceptions in dream. Non availability of approach road  creates  contradiction to accepted  law. Such contradiction raises alert level of consciousness causing transformation of subconscious state to fully conscious state. If the  same conversation would have occurred in real life, problem of accessibility would have prevented appearance of dismantling scene to appear in flash memory.

It may be concluded that subconscious state might be  trying to interpret sequences without applying logical reasoning filter and as such lacks intelligence.

 I appeal to readers to do introspection of their dreams and bring out important clues to throw light on possible  mechanism and kinetics of dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment