Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Visit to my birthplace Akale village

 For getting official birthdate certificate from my birth place Akale village in Satara district (About 12 km from Satara) I visited the village after long time. I was under impression that the village has got submerged in Kanher dam and thought I have lost the chance to visit that place. But Akale village being on downstream side from Kanher it survived.  We went by car  directly to Akale . Shri. Yadav and Shridhar Tandale of Dnyandeep were with me.


I was pleased to see the arch at the entrance and took a snap of it.

There was Grampanchayat and land record office. but the Gramsevak was not present as he had gone to Kolhapur for training.  

We met Mr. Gharage, assistant to gramsevak and kept our application with him. He told us about my grandfathers house when I asked himabout sathye family. He told that the house was adjoining to siddheshwar temple near Malwadi ( a new village which was formed  containing part of old akale village. We went to Siddheshwar temple and saw adjoining abondoned house which might be my birthplace. I was thrilled and happy to see the temple and house.







We also went to see the Kanher dam and took some snaps.


Though i could not get the birth certificate, I got the  opportunity to visit my birthplace and our trip was successful in that respect.


No comments:

Post a Comment