Sunday, May 3, 2015

Recap of my technical experience Part - IV (1998-2003)


This period was most crucial in my college career. Dr. Subbarao became Principal of college and responsibility of managing environmental laboratory and consultancy work  was put on me.  College was awarded autonomy status under TECHQUIP / NPIU  scheme and we had to prepare many project reports for development of infrastructure.

We had  to design Sheri Nalla project for Sangli under National River Action Plan scheme which included survey and development of design software for various units including  sewerage system, nalla diversion works, sump and pump house, rising main and  stabilization ponds.

Subsequently I got promoted to Professor in Civil Dept and more responsibilities were put on me as Dean R. & D.  College administration asked me to lead a project of DRN (Disaster Response Network) promoted by confederation of construction industries.  The idea was to train students who will visit various states and construction companies and compile data on available resources which could be deployed without any delay and procedural hurdles in case of major disaster. I formed one team and prepared questionnaire for collection of resource data. Unfortunately our participation in the project could not be implemented  due to engagement of students in examination.

After retirement of Dr. Subbarao, I had to bear the responsibility of Head of Civil Engg. Dept. There was NBA accreditation for our department and my colleagues helped me a lot to get success in accreditation.

I had started Dnyandeep Infotech Pvt. Ltd.,  a software development company in 2000. I retired from the college in 2003 and started working full time for the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment