Sunday, May 18, 2008

Living the dreams of young - Birth of Dnyandeep

Starting a business after retirement has given me immense pleasure if not wealth.

Imagine a child dragging grandfather to run with him and the expression of joy and caution on the face of grandfather struggling to balance his feet to match the pace of child.

That is exactly the state of my mind right now. At Dnyandeep, I am surrounded by young ambitious and impatient budding emtrepreneures, who are wondering, why I am afraid and not so aggressive as them in busines promotion. While arguing with them I get new energy and joy of childhood which was lost in lifelong engagement in routine service. I feel satisfaction that I could sow the seeds of business dream in their minds.

I had taught engineering management to students for number of years as an outsider without direct exposure to realities in business. I motivated students to become entrepreneures painting rosy pictures of wealth, freedom and prestige that come with successful business.

Still, I found that most of the students had ambition of getting high paid job in corporate companies in big urban centres. Many ended up in joining government jobs and few dared to enter the business world on their own. Once entered in service, the money, security and promotion prospects tempt the person in continuing the service and make business entry more difficult.

I had an inner urge to start my own business but the circustances did not favor jumping into it when I graduated. I accepted job of a teacher and got fully involved in it as any other person and nurtured knowledge seeking as goal of life.

Towards retirement, when my most of the responsibilities were completed I thought of giving a real try to my cherished dream and started my company. My wife also supported me fully and provided a much needed cautious control over my enthusiasm and hasty decisions.

My wife had an experience of small partnership business of computer education, Suyash Computers, which she handled successfully with two young computer savvy partners. However, it was closed after the partners got involved in other profession.

This time, we were serious and decided to start a formal business as private limited company. Giving appropriate name to company was not a problem as our house name 'Dnyandeep' depicted our intention in full perspective.

Thus was the birth of Dnyandeep Infotech Pvt. Ltd. in Nov. 2000 , just three years before my retirement.

The crises of managing business started surfacing from very first day and some how have persisted in one one form or other till today. But it gave a rare sensational experience which lacked completely in service.

... to be continued

1 comment:

  1. श्री. सुरेशजी रानडॆ,

    आपण "http://maazimumbai.blogspot.com/" या माझ्या बॉगवर दाखवलेल्या आपुलकी बद्दल आपले धन्यवाद. महानगरपालीकेत कामाला असुनही आपल्या कार्यक्षेत्राबाहेर जावुन आपल्या शहरासाठी धडपडणाऱ्या श्री. सुभाष दळवी यांच्या वरील आपुलकीने मी त्यांचे कार्य जगापुढे आणण्यासाठी , ते लोकांमधे कसे परिवर्तन करतात याची माहीती देण्यासाठी मी हा बॉग तयार केला.
    दुर्दैवाने वेळेअभावी पुढ लिहीणे थांबले आहे. लवकरच सुरु करीन.

    धन्यवाद.

    ReplyDelete