Thursday, April 21, 2011

With malice toward none

"With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow and his orphan - to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations."
---- Abraham Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address, March 4, 1865.

"You have been my eyes
Things I didn't know I saw
You showed me were there

The soft wind that soothes
Is, at root, the hurricane
Which can destroy you

It's your firing squad
But I don't need a blindfold
I have died before

Wit should not be used
As a sword to inflict scars
Till its edge is honed"

--- Like Haiku Tanka other Verse
By Don Raye

Faith is like glass. Once broken, it can't be joined.

Occasions do not make man either good or bad
They only show what he is.

I do not want to continue in the post of authority in any social service when there is a speck of doubt in anybody's mind about my character.

No comments:

Post a Comment